Value Stream Mapping
Value Stream Mapping
Do you want to improve the time it takes to deliver your product or services to your clients? Can you confidently predict that you have the correct resources in place to meet current and future demand?
Value Stream Mapping is an essential tool in the Lean process. It is the flow of materials and information through a process to deliver a product or service to the customer. Value Stream Mapping is the technique used to describe how all the company’s activities work together to produce a product or service for the customer.
The aptly titled book “Learning to See” was a Shingo Research Prize recipient in 1999. It is filled with maps, diagrams and illustrations all aimed at helping everyone understand their business as a process or a series of processes.
This is an excellent tool to begin the Lean journey. It represents a snapshot of a process with all of the time, material and communication data added to help understand what is currently happening. Using various Lean tools such as Kanban, SMED and problem-solving, the aim is to build a future state map to predict the process improvements. This results in a strategy for the team in an easy-to-understand format.
This programme shows you how to map processes in your organisation. This activity will confirm whether your organisation can meet the demand for your product or services, any process steps that may be a constraint and highlight opportunities to remove waste, improve lead-times and enhance the customer experience.
“This course shows the benefits of simplicity, while emphasising the need to follow a clear and agreed process, with staff involvement. The modules and training applied re-enforce these values.”
“I found this programme extremely beneficial. I was able to identify areas within my role and extended areas that needed improvement. I also identified new processes and procedures. We are currently implementing changes that will improve our efficiencies.”
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Value Streams & how to identify them.
- The Current State in the Organisation.
- Seven Steps to Mapping the Current State.
- Administrative Mapping.
- Process Waste.
- The Future State.
- Enhancing the Future State.
- Typical Results.
- Implementing Change in your Business.
This training programme provides participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to complete a Value Stream Map (VSM) within your organisation.
- How to identify value streams within your organisation
- Establish TAKT time to compare demand on the organisation versus the resources available
- Map the current value stream map of your business
- Identify waste in the value stream including constraints, delays, quality and reliability issues
- Learn the key considerations to eliminate waste found in the value stream
- Create a future value stream map
- Plan changes to improve the flow of product or services through your organisation
The programme is aimed at any personnel engaging in business process improvement.
All participants receive an ETAC Certificate of Attendance.
This programme is designed for online learning and mentor sessions. Please contact us for further details.
Contact us for further details.