Local Enterprise Offices – Dublin
ETAC Solutions are delighted to work with the Local Enterprise Offices in Dublin to offer a programme that introduces Lean Thinking to businesses. Each local council – Dublin City, South Dublin, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown and Fingal will support companies in their area to take part in any of the Lean programmes being run in Dublin. Certainly, significant improvements in productivity and profitability can result from the application of Lean business in an organisation. Furthermore, this programme supports business owners and managers to apply Lean methodologies in their businesses.
Firstly, this is a 16 week programme involving 3 half-day classroom sessions followed by 5 onsite half-day mentor visits. Moreover, it aims to introduce Lean business into any organisation through the delivery of process improvements. Finally, the goal is to engage staff to deliver their solutions through the application of Lean Tools.
The Local Enterprise Offices recognise the importance of the development of management skills for people managing their own micro or small enterprises. In addition, it recognises the very substantial improvements in productivity and profitability that can result from the application of Lean principles in an organisation. Therefore, LEOs aim to support managers in effectively embracing Lean methodologies in their businesses.
Who Should Attend?
So, this course is aimed at owners, managers and key staff members of small businesses who wish to gain an introduction to Lean concepts. This will certainly allow them to gain a practical understanding of Lean principles by undertaking a focused assignment with expert mentoring support.
“This course helped me to become customer focused and to leverage the influence of others in developing solutions.” — Financial Controller
Skills I Will Learn
- Assess my organisation against the 5 principles and 10 wastes.
- Define project terms of reference.
- How to run a Kaizen event.
- The 8-step process improvement methodology.
- The 5s approach to workplace organisation.
- Define standard practice with Standard Work.
In 2014, an independent review found that Irish businesses engaged in Lean business programmes recorded significant gains:
- Productivity increase of 20%
- Sales increase of 40%
- Delivery adherence up 43%
- Product & Service quality up 30%
- Employment increased up 11%
Outline: Lean Business Training Course
- Pre-programme preparation: Basic Project Charter
- Classroom Half Day 1: Lean Principles – The 10 wastes – Business Simulation
- Classroom Half Day 2: 8-step problem-solving – Kaizen
- Classroom Half Day 3: 5S workplace organisation, Standard Work
- Mentor Session 1: Project Charter & Supporting Data
- Mentor Session 2: Kaizen & Countermeasures
- Mentor Session 3: Lean Tools implementation
- Mentor Session 4: 5s, Standard Work implementation
- Mentor Session 5: Evaluation & Project Presentations (LeanStart report)
- 3 half-day classroom sessions.
- 5 x half-day onsite mentor visits
- Programme duration is over 16 weeks
Lean for Micro Dublin is very heavily subsidised. The cost of the programme to your business is only €500.
ETAC Solutions have been helping clients to introduce Lean techniques through training and consultancy since 2006. Our team are highly qualified and bring a wealth of practical business experience to each programme. ETAC have been providing Lean consultancy and training over the past 14 years to Irish businesses.
You may also be interested in reading about our insights on Dublin LEOs supporting Lean Business and the Rush to Solution. All our blogs are available to read here. Please connect with us on Linkedin and Twitter.